Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2111
"If they don’t want to pursue suicide they cannot use those weapons against the United States."
- Xiaoyu Pu Assistant Professor, Political Science, UNR laying out the case that China still has great influence over North Korea and in the end the North Koreans know they can’t lob a nuclear ICBM against the US.Thursday, November 16, 2017.
"You have a responsibility to vote based on the merits of the issue.
- Steve Sisolak, Chairman Clark County Commission and Candidate for Governor says he doesn’t understand why AG Adam Laxalt voted no on an unconditional pardon for a man who was incarcerated unfairly for a crime he didn’t commit. The rest of the pardons board voted in favor.Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
"We would rather have them die than be rescued by you.
- Major Elliot Chodoff, Israeli Defense Force quoting Iran’s response to an offer by Israel of a rescue team to help after a previous major earthquake in Iran.Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
"I’m of about six minds. I think everyone else is as well.
- Cheryl Blomstrom, Former President of Nevada Taxpayers Association regarding the two tax plans under consideration but she adds economic growth benefits everybody.Monday, November 13, 2017.
"The untold story of the administration."
- Lance Gilman, Partner-Broker, Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center, after a trip to DC in his role as a Storey County Commissioner, on how the Trump Administration is cutting regulations at an average of 16 for every new one proposed.Thursday, November 09, 2017.
"Ryan Bundy had a six-shooter, which should have been at the OK Corral. It had six shots in it. Thirty shots come out of those guns that all of the federal employees had.
- C.J. Hadley, Publisher and Editor Range Magazine.
Patrick Donnelly, Nevada State Director, Center for Biological Diversity remained adamant that pointing a gun at a federal officer is against the law. Ms. Hadley contended that none of the other Bundy’s were armed and Ryan Bundy’s weapon remained holstered.Wednesday, November 08, 2017.
"There is a chance you can scare away certain customers.
- Gregory Lisa Attorney, Partner, Hogan Lovells discussing why some casinos have chosen not to report financial transactions that have ultimately caught the attention of the Treasury Department resulting in huge fines to those casinos.
Tuesday, November 07, 2017.
"If you look at the 35-year history of the resettlement program, refugees have never been involved in a terrorist attack against the United States.
- Carina Black, Executive Director, Northern Nevada International Center who says that refugees are the most vetted people coming to the United States and the vetting levels are now increasing under the current administration.Monday, November 06, 2017.
"Investors want to be in Reno."
- Par Tolles, President, Tolles Development Company says his company has purchased 50 million dollars worth of property in Downtown and Midtown Reno recently, on behalf of investors.Thursday, November 02, 2017.
"It didn’t seem like it would be a case of if but it was more so of when."
- Amy Tarkanian, Former Nevada Republican State Chairwoman whose mother in law Lois sits on the Las Vegas City Council and had briefings on a regular basis from Homeland Security so therefore the idea of an incident like the Las Vegas shootings was a real possibility to the Tarkanians.Wednesday, November 01, 2017.
"North Las Vegas is where the treasure will be in the future."
- North Las Vegas Mayor, John Lee says the Apex Business Park will allow NLV to diversify and be a major financial generator in the future. More money will be made there than anywhere else in Southern Nevada according to the Mayor.Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
"I think 10 to 20 years is something that could be feasible."
- John Decree, Gaming Analyst, Union Gaming says let's hope the global and US economy kind of steer the course and Reno will keep leading the way. Decree is looking at solid long-term growth for Northern Nevada.Monday, October 30, 2017.
"Knock it off. Just knock it off."
- Las Vegas City Councilwoman Michele Fiore’s response to the conspiracy theories surrounding the mass shootings. She says there are over 200 FBI agents assisting Las Vegas Metro and this investigation is going to go on for a long time.Thursday, October 26, 2017.
"I hated fundraising. I was lousy at it.
- Richard Bryan, Former Nevada US Senator who was one of three Nevada US Senators, along with Alan Bible and Paul Laxalt, who chose to retire from the US Senate undefeated and not in a pine box. The Democratic Senatorial Committee still wanted him to fundraise even after he announced he was not running for re-election.Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
"We really see an exciting time in our industry."
- Thomas H. Husted, Chief Executive Officer Valley Electric Association, Inc. says that solar energy and battery storage are the keys to Nevada’s energy future. He’s excited that Tesla/ Panasonic have their Gigafactory here in Nevada.Tuesday, October 24, 2017.
"I think it is probably five to eight years from now."
- Sig Rogich, President, Rogich Communications believes that high speed rail from Las Vegas to California is a lot closer than most people think. Either China or Japan could joint venture with a US company. If that were the case, the rolling stock could be manufactured elsewhere as long as no US government funding was required.Monday, October 23, 2017.