Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2406
"We are adamantly opposed to taxing a specific industry."
- Mary Lau, President, CEO, Retail Association of Nevada says that her industry feels that way because otherwise the question will be whose ox is to be gored next time?Friday, January 24, 2020.
"They just haven’t shown efficiency, within Clark County School District, yet."
- Bob Lucey, Chairman, Washoe County Commission sees the Clark County Education Association’s initiatives failing because the public has been so taxed already. It took years to get an education tax passed in Washoe County (WC 1).Thursday, January 23, 2020.
"I think that the sponsor is a little bit of a lightning rod and that’s an understatement."
- Susan Fisher, Senior VP, McDonald Carano, Government Affairs referring to Executive Director: John Vellardita of the Clark County Education Association and his initiatives.
She says he ticked off everybody at the last Legislative session. He’s very brash.
Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
"If you are a private company, you are more than welcome to delete those comments and never let them see the light of day."
- Kristy Dalton, CEO, Government Social Media pointing out the difference between private business social media postings and government social media postings. For government, they are part of the official public record and can’t be deleted.Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
"Just being the Mayor isn’t enough. You have to have other experiences."
- Mayor Daniel Corona, Mayor, West Wendover spoke about how he wouldn’t feel qualified to run for President after being Mayor of a small community. He pointed out that Mayor Pete Buttigieg also had military experience.Friday, January 17, 2020.
"I still think it’s good for any elected leader, particularly when you’re Governor to try to develop that relationship and be as upfront with those folks as you can. They’ve got a job to do."
- Michael Hillerby, Director of Legislative Affairs, Kaempher Crowell discussing the openness of Governor Kenny Guinn, with the media, versus Governor Brian Sandoval, who rarely granted in depth interviews. Thursday, January 16, 2020.
"We get along a lot better than people think we do, across the aisle."
- Republican State Senator, Ben Kieckhefer discussing his new Podcast, Across the Aisle, and why he has guests like Aaron Ford, the Democrat Attorney General of Nevada, on the program.Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
"As things change, we can always add that to our mix."
- Mark Foree, General Manager, Truckee Meadows Water Authority responding to a comment made by former SNWA Boss Patricia Mulroy, that without additional reservoir storage, the Reno Sparks area could be in a crisis situation, in an extended drought. Mr. Foree says that TMWA updates its drought plans every 5 years.Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
"It’s time for you to go. We don’t want to be your battlefield anymore (Iraq)."
- Eric Herzik, Professor of Political Science, UNR referring to the assassination of Soleimani and the Administrations apparent lack of communication with most of our middle eastern and world partners including Iraq, where all the damage was done.Friday, January 10, 2020.
"My brief opinion is good on you Trump."
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner says that Iranian General Qasem Soleimani deserved to die, for targeting Americans for many years. Thursday, January 9, 2020.
"I think we’re probably close to that."
- Mike Draper, Partner, Argentum Partners discussing the ever-increasing cost of spending time on the Las Vegas Strip and when is enough, enough. This includes resort fees, paid parking and the like.Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
"Look at the impact, on the community of having 7000 people that are all gainfully employed and a lot of them making great money."
- Aaron West, CEO, Nevada Builders Alliance says while state incentives deprive us of sales and property taxes, what’s driving a huge financial impact, is the vast amount of good jobs that are being created in the state and the resulting spending from that income.Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
"A multiyear severe drought on the Truckee (river)."
- Patricia Mulroy, Senior Fellow, Brookings Mountain West says without additional water storage, she sees a future crisis for northern Nevada and points out the potential cause, compounded by the current growth.Friday, January 3, 2020.
"It is one of our biggest expenses, right behind people."
- Mason Van Houweling, CEO, University Medical Center referring to the cost of prescription drugs and says that prices are rising at a double digit rate each year, for UMC.Thursday, January 2, 2020.
"We’re definitely on fire but we’re not crazy."
- Tick Segerblom, Clark County Commissioner, District E describing the current growth spurt in Las Vegas. Segerblom says it’s not like it was in 2007.Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
"The Chamber of Commerce believes that reasonable and responsible growth is the way to go."
- Paul Moradkhan, Senior VP, Government Relations, Las Vegas Metro Chamber, says that you have to have a balance between environmental concerns and development and economic development, to grow the economy.Tuesday, December 31, 2019.