Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2539
"We should be looking at those areas where there is already bipartisan support and incorporating those into a stimulus package. It is not happening right now."
- US Senator Catherine Cortez Masto bemoaning the lack of movement on another stimulus package. - Friday, September 25, 2020.
"In Clark County, I just spoke with the superintendent this last week, and 25,000 students still have not connected with the school district, one way or another this year."
- Congressman Steven Horsford, CD4 said that lack of broadband access has been a constant problem in rural Nevada, yet it is also a concern in Nevada's urban school districts. - Thursday, September 24, 2020.
"Are you trying to prove you've got the biggest club in the state?"
- Congressman Mark Amodei, CD2 referring to the threat by Governor Sisolak, now rescinded, of clawing back funds from Douglas County, from the Cares Act, for allowing President Trump to hold his rally at the Minden Airport. - Wednesday, September 23, 2020.
"The Federal government will probably never pay back the debt that it has."
- Eugenia Larmore, PhD, MBA, President, Ekay Economic Consultants says that all the government will end up paying is the service on the debt, the interest. Ms. Larmore added that this one-time spending was what we needed to have done for the economy. - Tuesday, September 22, 2020.
"We took every possible precaution that we could."
- Don Ahern, President and CEO, Ahern Equipment Rentals who also owns the Ahern Hotel and Convention Center where the “Evangelicals for Trump” event was held in Las Vegas. Mr. Ahern was subsequently sued by the state for holding the event and now is countersuing. Ahern contends that masks were available and social distancing was observed along with the highest sanitizing standards. - Friday, September 18, 2020.
"Who the heck wants to be home with their spouse or anyone."
- Marilyn York, Men’s Rights Attorney says she’s seeing a higher level of divorce, separation and acrimony, in her law practice. - Thursday, September 17, 2020.
"We’re seeing an increased level of suicide."
- Debra March, Mayor of Henderson, NV talking about the need to open up places of worship, among other places, to allow people to talk about the issues they are facing during this pandemic lockdown. - Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
"It’s absolutely a major economic engine for us, for sure."
- Paul Moradkhan, Senior VP, Government Relations, The Vegas Chamber discussing the loss, this year, of the National Finals Rodeo, to Texas. It normally sells out all ten nights and packs the town during a normally slow time in December. It is scheduled to return to Las Vegas in 2021. - Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
"Without that level of transparency there will always be suspicion that the wrong decisions are being made."
- State Senator Ben Kieckhefer, District 16 says that the Nevada Executive Branch is not releasing the information about where the hotspots are and what is causing outbreaks of coronavirus. - Friday, September 11, 2020.
"If you cashed your check you got two drink tokes and it was free."
- Gary Raffanelli, Entertainer discussing the 1970’s lounge scene where major entertainers played the casino lounges and the main room entertainers would be in the audience after their own shows. Back then comedians like Jay Leno could be enjoyed for $5 or less, per show. This was before corporate ownership of casinos shut that down. - Thursday, September 10, 2020.
"They didn’t want to go there. It was a company choice, not a state choice."
- Lance Gilman, Partner/Broker Tahoe Reno Industrial Center in answer to Robert Lang’s appearance on Nevada Newsmakers saying that the Tesla Gigafactory should have gone to Southern Nevada not Northern Nevada because the majority of the funding that allowed for the incentives came from Southern Nevada. - Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
"I thought that was inappropriate and has nothing to do with how our resources are allocated."
- Chris Wicker, Former Democratic National Committeeman responding to Robert Lang’s appearance on Nevada Newsmakers where among several charges of Northern Nevada bias over Southern Nevada, he suggested that part of the problem was a racial divide where Northern Nevada is whiter than Southern Nevada and that’s one of the reasons the North does better in economic development and higher education funding. - Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
"This is putting them in a horrible position, they’ve gone 6 months now without receiving any rental income."
- Chris Bishop, President, Nevada Realtors while concerned about the health of renters, is worried that with the rental collection moratorium being extended through the end of the year, rental homeowners are going to suffer serious financial consequences. - Friday, September 4, 2020.
"We’re obviously nervous."
- Tick Segerblom, Clark County Commissioner, District E points out that civil unrest is a concern on election night, but he is more concerned about election turnout and making sure everyone has a chance to vote. - Thursday, September 3, 2020.
"It’s going to tap into very high potential renewable areas that don’t currently have access to the grid, for development."
- Carolyn C. Barbash, VP, Transmission Development & Policy, NV Energy adds that Greenlink Nevada is also going to provide 4000 much need jobs in Nevada during construction, through 2031. - Wednesday, September 2, 2020.
"No one told Boeing, hey, we will give you a deal to build the 787s in Seattle but you've got to do the air frames out in Spokane."
- Robert Lang, Director, The Lincy Institute, Director, Brookings Mountain West says Switch was poached from Las Vegas, through an incentive that required a number of jobs be in Reno or the incentives would not kick in. - Tuesday, September 1, 2020.