Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2575
"She actually outperformed Donald Trump by a couple of points in her district."
- David Damore, Associate Professor of Political Science UNLV points out that Republican State Senator Heidi Gansert’s re-election victory was interesting in that Joe Biden won in her district. - Friday, November 27, 2020.
"These lawsuits are incredible in terms of, they have no merit."
- Eva Segerblom, Attorney, Maddox, Segerblom and Canepa referring to the Trump campaign lawsuits. Ms. Segerblom says she turns away potential cases everyday because those cases do not have merit. President Trump’s supporters say he has every right to fight these cases. - Thursday, November 26, 2020.
"I don’t believe that he can come up with a shred of evidence that would show that."
- Frank Mullen, Editor, Reno News and Review refuting George Harris’s claim that he had evidence that 1000 dead people had voted in Washoe County. He asks why isn’t Mr. Harris shouting this from the rooftops. He says it would be a hell of a story. - Wednesday, November 25, 2020.
"The good news is that the turnout was extraordinary."
- Jill Derby, Former Democratic State Party Chair says more youth voted than ever before. There were more first-time voters, and the mechanics of the election ran very smoothly. - Tuesday, November 24, 2020.
"So, it’s Armageddon and I don’t mean to be hyperbolic."
- Andrew MacKay, Exec. Dir., Nevada Franchised Auto Dealers Association originally thinking that the bloodbath for the auto industry was going to exceed 2008, by leaps and bounds, in 2020. In fact, the auto industry showed itself to be remarkably resilient in the face of covid due to a variety of factors. - Friday, November 20, 2020.
"No, No, it’s nonsense"
- Sig Rogich, President, Rogich Communications responding to Jill Derby’s assertion that national security was being endangered by the lack of access to national security briefings for Joe Biden. - Thursday, November 19, 2020.
"I really think it’s going to be roll backs in operations and maybe curfews at night."
- Howard Stutz, Executive Editor, CDC Gaming Reports looking at covid restrictions across the national gaming communities, rather than shutdowns, except in Detroit, where casinos are shuttered for three weeks. - Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
"Until that’s adjudicated there is no President-Elect."
- Michael Kadency, Chairman, Washoe County Republican Party says until the pending litigation is adjudicated, and the Electors meet, Joe Biden is not the President-Elect. - Tuesday, November 17, 2020.
"It’s just time for the President to admit that he lost and let’s move on."
- Congresswoman Dina Titus, CD 1 says that White House chatter suggests that some of the Presidents advisors, his children and the First Lady have said lets put this behind us and look at the future. - Friday, November 13, 2020.
"It’s been a wild ride for the last week here."
- John Oceguera, Former Speaker of the Nevada Assembly, Exec VP, Strategies 360 says he never thought it would be this tight. He was anticipating more of a blue wave. - Thursday, November 12, 2020.
"There is no mandate."
- Mike Draper, Argentum Partners makes the point that it isn’t clear that that all the electorate sees the need to dramatically change social or economic policies. - Wednesday, November 11, 2020.
"Like on one side, they say, 'Borders should be open.' Well, no, they shouldn't,” “Then on the other side you've got, 'Anything you do is amnesty." No, it is not. There is plenty of room in the middle to do something that is responsible, going forward."
- Congressman Mark Amodei, CD2 says immigration reform is possible and could benefit Republicans. - Tuesday, November 10, 2020.
"I’ve been a big proponent of getting schools back open."
- Mason Van Houweling, CEO, University Medical Center says there have been very few positive cases of Covid in private schools , in Clark County, that have opened back up. - Friday, November 6, 2020.
"We heard about the Red Mirage but that’s exactly what happened."
- Helen Foley, President Foley Public Affairs expressing surprise along with most pundits on the size of the Republican vote in Nevada and elsewhere. - Thursday, November 5, 2020.
"It’s getting it out of the ground efficiently and economically."
- Doug Cole, Chairman, CEO, American Battery Metals Corporation explains that lithium is available everywhere. He says that his company has 13,000 plus acres in Railroad Valley, NV where they will mine for lithium eventually. - Wednesday, November 4, 2020.
"We’re very much in begging forgiveness mode as we do some emergency actions."
- Elisa Cafferata, Acting Director, NV Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation says that she has the complete support of the Governor’s office and former Speaker Barbara Buckley, heading the task force, to get the job done. - Tuesday, November 3, 2020.