Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2354
"We should expect a decline in the average home price."
- Mike Bosma, Principal, CliftonLarsonAllen, CPA says that new home product has taken two years to come through the pipeline and now that it’s arriving it should dampen the rising home prices in the Reno area.Friday, August 23, 2019.
"What are they going to do with their money, invest in the ruble?"
- Tom Cargill, Economist talking about the impact of the national debt on the US economy, in regard to the threat of China pulling out their investment in US debt.Thursday, August 22, 2019.
"That Harrah’s property sits right inside of an opportunity zone project."
- Bob Lucey, Vice Chair Washoe County Commission referring to Harrah’s Reno and the likelihood that Eldorado Resorts would put it up for sale. It could be a gold mine for a developer, located in the heart of downtown Reno.Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
"They’re going to be following the path, I would assume, of Storey County (City of Fernley/Lyon County). Make it easy, make it often and let’s work together."
- Mary Lau, President and CEO, Retail Association of Nevada says with two new huge industrial parks coming on line in the Fernley area of Lyon County, water will also come into play, including possible deals with the supplier, Vidler Water.Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
"We got six million dollars over the biennium for that."
- Elisa Cafferata, Cafferata and Company says that she was able to get money from the Legislature, to get family planning services for women who need them, to counter budget cuts in that area, from the federal government.Friday, August 16, 2019.
"We were all surprised that it ran out of land so quickly."
- Par Tolles, Tolles Development Company referring to how quickly the huge acreage at the Tahoe Reno Industrial Center was absorbed. As Mr. Tolles remarked the area is on fire and needs the two new huge industrial parks that are opening up in Fernley, Nevada.Thursday, August 15, 2019.
"Their bosses have negotiated great plans for them and theoretically that could go away with single payer."
- Matt Robinson, Argentum Partners discussing the possibility of Medicare for all and how that would disrupt some unions Cadillac medical insurance plans.Wednesday, August 14, 2019.
"Everybody is vulnerable, everybody is replaceable. So, if the right person comes along, I could be replaced."
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner, announcing her run for a third and final term on Nevada Newsmakers.Tuesday, August 13, 2019.
"2010 through 2015 they invested one trillion dollars."
- Gene Humphrey, President, International Tech Solutions, describing how much China invested in semiconductor technology, primarily through the balance of payments between the US and China. Essentially a 17 ½% tax. This is prior to the tariff war, currently going on.Friday, August 9, 2019.
"I have learned to be very careful about ever guessing what a judge is going to do."
- Joshua Hicks, Partner, McDonald Carano, says it does seem like a pretty solid legal case to him, concerning the two thirds rule. The case now resides in the Carson City District Court.Thursday, August 8, 2019.
"22,000 of those 32,000 (per year) are deaths by suicide, with a firearm."
- Joelle Gutman Government Affairs Liaison - Washoe County Health District says that because of this astonishing statistic on how many people die by suicide, by firearms, in the US, it makes it a public health issue.Wednesday, August 7, 2019.
"Meth still continues to be the issue de jour."
- Elyse Monroy, Consultant, points out that meth is by far a bigger issue, in Nevada, than the opioid crisis.Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
"We’re having trouble getting funding."
- Marilyn York, Attorney says people say they want change, but they don’t. Ms. York runs a homeless girl’s home and homelessness is one of the big issues under discussion, in the community, but the funding is just not there.Friday, August 2, 2019.
"We think there is a still a bright future ahead for journalism. It is clearly in demand. People want it. It is just that things are changing. And society in general is coming to terms with this monumental shift in local media. And this is happening across the country. It's here in Reno. It's true everywhere right now."
- Brian Duggan, executive editor of the Reno Gazette-JournalThursday, August 1, 2019.
"He said immediately, 'We think there are too many assets on The Strip and there is too much energy and effort being put into Japan and we don't believe we're ready to do that."
- Gaming analyst Ken Adams, recalling what was said by Eldorado Resorts CEO Thomas Reeg in a news conference shortly after Eldorado purchased Caesars Entertainment for $17.3 billion, signaling a new course for what is now the largest gaming company in the world.Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
"(Tax payments being made using) Duffle bags full of cash."
- Zach Conine, Nevada State Treasurer explaining one of the reasons that Nevada is creating an intrastate system of tokens (better name to come) to facilitate all formerly cash transactions for everyone in the legal marijuana business. The tokens are created from cash at the front end of the system and are redeemed for cash at the end of the system.Tuesday, July 30, 2019.