Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2083
"Whatever you've heard about Equifax, it's much worse
- Ira Victor, Digital Forensic Analyst, DiscoveryTechnician.com says that the breach on Equifax's support web site has the potential to even be more trouble than the original hack since it also asked for the last six digits of your social security number, to find out if you were compromised.Thursday, September 21, 2017.
"We don’t know where all of the deposits are in Nevada but the folks that are involved in exploring for lithium and other 21st century minerals and metals will be constrained by boundaries that restrict where they can and cannot explore.
- Dana Bennett, President, Nevada Mining Association speaking in regard to the potential shrinkage of the Gold Butte Monument area and how it could positively impact lithium mining in the state.Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
"The fact is, local law enforcement, at least here in Clark County, wants the pot lounges.
- State Senator Tick Segerblom, District 3 who says casinos want them too. He says everyone in Southern Nevada is talking about this.Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
"We really need to build homes and we really need to build homes quickly.
- Abbi Whitaker, Owner/President, The Abbi Agency says we need to get back the skilled construction workforce that left during the great recession. That should start to tamp down the rising housing costs in Northern Nevada.Monday, September 18, 2017.
"The pay-to-play in this state is just out of control and it is funded by lobbyists and it is funded by big donors
- Dan Schwartz, Nevada State Treasurer who says he will not take contributions from big donors or lobbyists in his campaign for governor.
Thursday, September 14, 2017.
"Right now, you have to wait about 25 years, if you actually want to wait for the legal way.
- Congressman Ruben Kihuen, District 4 who was once an out of status alien, has a great deal of empathy for the DACA kids who are currently in limbo with the six-month limit for the US Congress to act.
Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
"I don't know why you can only make doctors in one place.
- Congressman Mark Amodei, CD 2 responding to remarks made by former Congresswoman Shelly Berkley on KNPR that the state can’t afford two medical schools. UNR’s School of Medicine would be the one to close if that unlikely event were to happen.
Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
"They (DACA recipients) tried to do the right thing. They followed the rules and they turned in their information. And this information can be used to go after not only them but also their families, because, now, they (immigration officers) know where they live, where to find them and where they work."
- Congresswoman Dina Titus, CD 1 has co-sponsored a bill to make the DACA recipients personal information unavailable to ICE and Customs and Border Patrol.
Monday, September 11, 2017.
"I'm hearing rumblings about it but I don't think they are talking about the average family's deduction for mortgage interest.
- US Senator Dean Heller says that he sees the tax break surviving, but with changes, when tax reform is passed.
Thursday, September 07, 2017.
"There is a bill there now, called the DREAM Act, that is bipartisan."
- US Senator Catherine Cortez Masto says It was introduced by Senators Lindsay Graham and Dick Durbin and this is the answer to the DACA situation and a lot more, regarding immigration reform.
Wednesday, September 06, 2017.
"He finds it so hard to criticize people who praise him.
- Chris Wicker, Democratic National Committeeman referring to President Trump’s initial difficulty in going after the KKK and white supremacists.Thursday, August 17, 2017.
"You deal with the media. You don’t attack them.
- Danny Tarkanian, Candidate for US Senate (R) says that when Donald Trump said the media is the enemy of the people he was only referring to the “Fake” media. Mr. Tarkanian’s father dealt with as rough a media as does the President.Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
"I think it makes the Republicans very happy.
- Eric Herzik, Political Science Professor, UNR discussing the real possibility that Chris Giunchigliani will enter a Democratic primary against fellow Clark County Commissioner Steve Sisolak.Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
"It’s disingenuous for anybody to say that our schools are adequately funded. They’re not and we need to end that conversation and do something about it instead of talking about it."
- Chris Giunchigliani Clark County Commissioner wants to see the funding formulae changed for pre K through 12 and feels that the current formula hurts some counties like Washoe.Monday, August 14, 2017.
"(We’re) looking at developers to put in 20% affordable housing."
- Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve talking about the multiple major housing developments breaking ground, in the area. Affordable housing isn’t just a problem in Reno. The Mayor says this is a major topic of discussion across the country among her Mayoral colleagues. She says developers are amenable to the idea.Thursday, August 03, 2017.
"She has a track record of bucking Senator Reid and I think she might do it again.
- Sean Whaley, Reporter, Las Vegas Review-Journal discussing the topic of Congresswoman Dina Titus entering the primary for the US Senate seat Dean Heller now holds despite the early entry of Reid favorite Jacky Rosen.Wednesday, August 02, 2017.