Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2442
"He’s left it to Governors’ to decide what’s best for their state."
- Michael Kadency, Chairman, Washoe County Republican Party says in this national crisis the best solutions come from a bottom up approach and that’s what the President is doing.Friday, April 3, 2020.
"Calling someone out is different than politicizing something."
- Eddie Lorton, candidate for Reno City Council says that the incumbent putting his campaign on hold, during the current crisis, to help people, is wrong. Mr. Lorton says he should be doing both. Thursday, April 2, 2020.
"It’s a huge part of our community. It’s a huge part of what we depend on."
- Oscar Delgado, Reno City Councilman, Ward 3 looking at the Reno gaming industry and pointing out that his mother, who works at the Grand Sierra Resort and has done so for decades, has been laid off.Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
"Get on Facetime. Do a Zoom meeting with your friends."
- State Senator Heidi Gansert (R), District 15 with suggestions for helping people combat loneliness during this statewide quarantine. Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
"There’s no playbook. We’re writing it as we go along."
- Scott Bensing, SB Strategic Consulting says that the House, Senate and Treasury Secretary are using a sky’s the limit concept as regards the bailout bill and he says he can’t be critical of that.Friday, March 27, 2020.
"I’m very anxious to dive into the details of that to see what’s available for our barbers, our hairdressers, (and) our nail technicians."
- Assemblywoman Jill Tolles (R), District 25 says she is grateful that the bailout bill has been agreed on by the House and Senate but has concerns for the independent contractors to see what relief they may get in all of this.Thursday, March 26, 2020.
"These decisions make sense on their face but they’re going to have far lasting ramifications for our economy."
- Alex Goff Democratic National Committeeman praising the Governor for shutting down businesses that don’t allow for social distancing. Mr. Goff says that decisions he made two weeks ago would seem reckless in light of what we know now.Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
"This is something we in America have never dealt with and so a lot of this, we’re playing by ear."
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner says Americans think that travel bans, quarantines and closure of businesses, including restaurants and bars is something that happens in other countries but not here.Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
"I’m glad I’m not the state budget director right now."
- Congressman Mark Amodei CD 2 says the Governor is all in on the health aspect of the Coronavirus and then will need to address the economic Humpty Dumpy and putting that back together again.Friday, March 20, 2020.
"The best thing in the world would be shut down, if you can."
- Mary Lau, President, CEO, Retail Association of Nevada says the administration is coordinating information from the White House to the Vice President down to the national and statewide trade organizations on a daily basis.Thursday, March 19, 2020.
"Where do you balance out safety with just let’s keep somewhat normalcy in our life."
- Randi Thompson, Nevada State Director, National Federation of Independent Business making the point that she understands why ski lodges are closed but not why she can’t ride the chair lift to be able to ski.Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
"What is causing an issue is all of this panic buying, when folks are going out and buying three, four or five times what they normally would. That is where we are seeing the strain on the supply chain."
- Paul Enos, CEO Nevada Trucking Association says there is no actual shortage of food or goods, but people need to buy for one or two weeks not for two months. Then the supply chain will catch up to normal demand.Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
"He (Jerry Tarkanian) was a horrible student. It took him six years to graduate from college. If he didn't have my Mom, it would have been 10 years."
- Danny Tarkanian, Author of Rebel with a Cause: The True Story of Jerry TarkanianFriday, March 13, 2020.
"My dad (Jerry Tarkanian) was very superstitious. He would not stay at the same hotel is they lost on a road trip. He was even given a Rolex watch and he lost the first game he coached with it. So, he gave that away and went back to his old watch."
- Danny Tarkanian, Author of Rebel with a Cause: The True Story of Jerry TarkanianThursday, March 12, 2020.
"I always go back and check the provenance of that piece to see if it’s real or not."
- Sean Cary, Political Commentator says that people need to check multiple reliable news sources when they see something on social media. It doesn’t matter if it’s conservative or liberal.Wednesday, March 11, 2020.
"About 34 million have been impacted by the flu this year. About 350,000 hospitalizations. And about 20,000 deaths in our country, so far."
- Mason Van Houweling, CEO, University Medical Center pointing out the difference between the flu and the coronavirus.Tuesday, March 10, 2020.