Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2378
"Competition drives down pricing."
- Heather Korbulic, Executive Director, Silver State Health Insurance Exchange, explaining why health insurance rates, in Nevada, only rose 1.6% on average.Friday, November 22, 2019.
"Opening up the Colorado River compact is a whole can of worms."
- Kyle Roerink, Executive Director, Great Basin Water Network whose organization is in favor of exploring desalination as one of the ways to alleviate Las Vegas eventual need for more water. One of the problems is that you would have to reopen the compact to allow Nevada to draw more water from the Colorado River.Thursday, November 21, 2019.
"I would say 95% of the Turks are in favor of what he’s done."
- Jill Derby, Former Democratic State Party Chair, while disagreeing with the actions of the Trump administration regarding the Syrian Kurds, Ms. Derby agrees that from a Turkish domestic policy position, President Erdogan made the right decision with his military incursion into Northern Syria.Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
"If we produce goods in Northern Nevada and we are going to ship them overseas and they get stuck in traffic over on the other side, how quickly do we lose our competitive advantage, our comparable advantage in being able to sustain our manufacturing base?"
- Lee Gibson, Executive Director, RTC of Washoe County discussing the need to widen Interstate 80 in Nevada and California and to get California to help pay for their portion of it, because it makes financial sense for them too.Tuesday, November 19, 2019.
"There is a truism that every candidate has their time."
- Fred Lokken, Department Chair and Professor of Political Science, Truckee Meadows Community College says that Hilary Clinton’s time was 2008. Biden was probably 2016 and for Bernie (Sanders) 2016 was his great moment. Friday, November 15, 2019.
"To be blunt, we’re already at that point, quite honestly."
- Brad Crowell, Director of the Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources says that we’ve reached the critical point in needing to make a decision on where we get the water that Las Vegas will need going forward, no matter the source.Thursday, November 14, 2019.
"I think there’s a long road ahead to where all these things are going to be packaged together and shipped out the door."
- Kyle Roerink, Executive Director, Great Basin Water Network says there are vehicles and opportunities for the lands bills across Nevada to pass the Congress but it’s not going to be easy.Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
"The abuses have been so bad that PHARMA better pay attention and these companies better start acting like citizens."
- Mary Lau, President and CEO, Retail Association of Nevada discussing the high price of drugs for illnesses like Alzheimer’s, the opioid epidemic, and the high cost of EpiPens. Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
"It’s going to be highly trained professionals who’ll make a difference."
- State Senator Julia Ratti District 13 (D) Sparks says we are going to need more than just teachers to fully educate our students. Social workers to address child in trauma. Other professionals to address hunger issues, health needs etc.Friday, November 8, 2019.
"Some of them are heavier lifts than others but you've got to build some momentum."
- Congressman Mark Amodei CD 2 referring to his support of immigration reform, one step at a time, starting with a bill to encompass agriculture and farm workers.Thursday, November 7, 2019.
"If people are motivated by the right things, I think they’re going to make right decisions."
- Addisu Demissie, National Campaign Manager, Cory Booker 2020 was also campaign manager for Gavin Newsom who is now Governor of California. His resume includes working for President Obama through “Organizing for America.”Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
"We can't take anything for granted but we have a much more favorable map this cycle."
- US Senator Catherine Cortez Masto optimistic about the Democrats chances to take back the Senate next year. She heads the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
"They asked me about gambling addiction."
- Congresswoman Susie Lee CD 3 commenting on a visit from members of the Japanese Parliament (National Diet) who were seeking information about how Nevada deals with problem gaming. She explained all the ways the state deals with these problems and helps gaming addicts with recovery.Friday, November 1, 2019.
"You can be anonymous, you can sign onto a lot of information, not good information, it's sad to say, and you can sign onto these sites, join a group on the internet, have total anonymity and just really spark hate, incite violence and spew hateful rhetoric."
- US Senator Jacky Rosen, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee, has developed a chilling perspective on domestic terrorism.Thursday, October 31, 2019.
"It is not going to happen overnight."
- Congressman Steven Horsford CD 4 discussing the idea of desalination off the coast of California as being one of the solutions to the eventual water shortage in Southern Nevada.
Editors note: Negotiations on the Colorado River water rights could takes decades.
Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
"I think there is enough evidence there to be able to impeach him tomorrow. (President Trump)"
- Congresswoman Dina Titus CD 1 goes on to say, "We want to make sure we make the very strongest case we can, not just for the public but for the Senate because that is where this will be tried."Tuesday, October 29, 2019.