Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2123
"It’s a separate position."
- Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve wants to go to the Legislature and make the Reno Mayor’s position substantially different from a City Council position which would allow someone to serve three terms as a City Council person and then serve an additional three terms as Mayor. Schieve says the Council people have the necessary experience required for the job.Thursday, December 14, 2017.
"The average home price here is $360,000. Now that's a lot easier to swallow than San Francisco at $1.5 million."
- Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve, while realizing that home prices are higher than the average worker can afford, is working on creative solutions to the Reno housing crunch. Promoting infill projects and public/private partnerships are among the solutions she sees.Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
"It would just kick butt over routes in Kansas City, Tulsa, Okla., or wherever else they are currently building light rail."
- Tina Quigley, General Manager, Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada says
The proposed light-rail transportation system along Maryland Parkway in Las Vegas is a corridor that is ripe and right for developer interest. She says developers ask all the time, when is it going to happen?
Her quote is in response to the competition for Federal funding.Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
"Some journalism doesn’t live up to that standard either."
- Elisa Cafferata, Lobbyist, Planned Parenthood while concerned that social media reports don’t have the depth of reporting and fact checking that old style media has points out that they, at times, miss that high bar too.Monday, December 11, 2017.
"It basically gives the local governments the opportunity to negotiate for themselves and diminishes the role of the state, in the process."
- Robert List, Former Nevada Governor says that a bill that is currently in the House of Representatives could move forward, if it gets the appropriations, to get Yucca Mountain back on track to be the nation’s nuclear waste repository, as early as next year.Thursday, December 07, 2017.
"It was that senseless and that violent."
- Chris Hicks, Washoe County District Attorney says he would like to have a strong gang unit within the DA’s office. He says there was a murder committed by an MS 13 gang member in Washoe County and the sole justification for the murder was he didn't like the two guys he killed talking bad about the gang.Wednesday, December 06, 2017.
"He’s hiding within the Congressional blanket so to speak."
- Mary Lau, President and CEO, Retail Association of Nevada regarding Congressman Ruben Kihuen’s decision not to resign but to deal with his sexual harassment charge while remaining in Congress.Tuesday, December 05, 2017.
"This is not about politics. This is about people."
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner says the State should release the report on former State Senator Mark Manendo regarding allegations of sexual harassment. The Senate Majority Leader with the backing of the Legislative Counsel Bureau has refused to do so.Monday, December 04, 2017.
"Both Japan and I believe South Korea will be more interested in even considering what we would not have thought possible just weeks ago. A pre-emptive strike. Yes, a pre-emptive strike."
- Ty Cobb, Former Special Assistant to President Reagan in response to the latest North Korean missile test with an ICBM that by next year could reach the Eastern United States.
Thursday, November 30, 2017.
"It is a problem that must be solved if man is to ever land on Mars
- Julie Robinson, Chief Scientist for the International Space Station revealed that a few of those astronauts who have spent a long time in space have permanent vision loss that isn't reversed when they return to earth.Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
"I think his style of legislating will lend itself very well to local government.
- Warren Hardy, Principal, The Hardy Consulting Group as a former Republican State Senator says he’s not endorsing State Senator Tick Segerblom for Clark County Commission but thinks he is someone you can disagree with, without him taking offense.Tuesday, November 28, 2017.
"It’s contrary to our philosophy your innocent until you’re proven guilty.
- Fred Lokken, Political Science Professor, TMCC says with some of these alleged sex scandals, the judgement is you did it whether you have a chance to defend yourself or not.
Monday, November 27, 2017.
"If they don’t want to pursue suicide they cannot use those weapons against the United States."
- Xiaoyu Pu Assistant Professor, Political Science, UNR laying out the case that China still has great influence over North Korea and in the end the North Koreans know they can’t lob a nuclear ICBM against the US.Thursday, November 16, 2017.
"You have a responsibility to vote based on the merits of the issue.
- Steve Sisolak, Chairman Clark County Commission and Candidate for Governor says he doesn’t understand why AG Adam Laxalt voted no on an unconditional pardon for a man who was incarcerated unfairly for a crime he didn’t commit. The rest of the pardons board voted in favor.Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
"We would rather have them die than be rescued by you.
- Major Elliot Chodoff, Israeli Defense Force quoting Iran’s response to an offer by Israel of a rescue team to help after a previous major earthquake in Iran.Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
"I’m of about six minds. I think everyone else is as well.
- Cheryl Blomstrom, Former President of Nevada Taxpayers Association regarding the two tax plans under consideration but she adds economic growth benefits everybody.Monday, November 13, 2017.