Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2240
"Isn’t it sad, when it’s news, that the Senate has done its job.
- Tray Abney, Managing Partner, Abney Tauchen Group on the fact that the US Senate is passing regular order budgets instead of omnibus spending bills.Friday, September 21, 2018.
"They’re lives are ruined just as much as the people they are accusing.
- Elisa Cafferata, Principal, Cafferata & Co answering the question of why women rarely come out and accuse men of rape.Thursday, September 20, 2018.
"After you restructure a market you have better and more regulations to protect consumers because that is now the job of the Public Utility Commission."
- Nora Brownell, Former Pennsylvania Public Utility Commissioner says that currently in Nevada the PUC’s main job is to protect the Utility.Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
"We want to continue the economic development and diversification with him and we know he is qualified.
- Lance Gilman, Partner-Broker, Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center explaining why he and his business partner, both Republicans, are supporting Steve Sisolak for Governor despite the fact that the Attorney Generals’ job does not include economic development.Tuesday, September 18, 2018.
"I am confident, first of all, that I will come out cleared of this situation.
- Congressman Ruben Kihuen, District 4 says that he is confident he will be exonerated of ethics charges relating to allegations he sexually harassed two women.
Friday, September 14, 2018.
"Moving nuclear waste through the Nevada's Test and Training range or any of those other routes, could put us at risk.
- Congresswoman Jacky Rosen, District 3 says that moving spent nuclear waste through Nevada from NAS Fallon to Nellis AFB and beyond would constitute a clear and present danger to Nevada’s military presence.
Thursday, September 13, 2018.
"I'm going to put $100 down because that is what we do in Nevada and bet that Kavanaugh is a Supreme Court Justice by the end of the month.
- US Senator Dean Heller exuding confidence in the Presidents’ Supreme Court nominee.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
"Small businesses need to succeed, workers that are struggling everyday need to succeed and that is why it (tax cuts for workers) should be made permanent.
- US Senator Catherine Cortez Masto expressing concern that tax cuts for big business have been made permanent while tax cuts for workers are temporary.
Tuesday, September 11, 2018.
"This potentially affects every single employee and business in Nevada."
- Ira Victor, Digital Forensic Analyst, DiscoveryTechnician.com who says that businesses in Nevada should be able to choose whether their submissions to DETR should be done via paper or online. He says the cyber security risks of online are huge. This information contains, among other things, social security numbers.
Friday, August 31, 2018.
"A sixth-grade education and attention span has done a lot of damage to the newspaper industry."
- Fred Lokken, Political Science Professor, TMCC decrying the lack of substantive and in-depth news in both the USA Today and local newscasts across the country.Thursday, August 30, 2018.
"If they don’t like the event they have every right to protest. That’s never something we would try to stop."
- Paul Enos, President, Morning in Nevada PAC discussing the protests outside the Adam Laxalt Basque Fry this past weekend in Gardnerville. He says he appreciates people being involved whatever their political persuasion.
Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
"We’ve had HyCroft close their mine and that was 400 jobs that went away and that made big dents.
- Di An Putnam, Mayor of Winnemucca who says despite some pretty significant job losses, Winnemucca is hanging in there and maintaining.
Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
"Word on the street is that Sisolak has a dossier (on Adam Laxalt) that’s going to be devastating. We’ll see.
- George Harris, Chair, Nevadans for Sound Government commentating on the Nevada Governor’s race.
Friday, August 3, 2018.
"Now we’ll end up seeing what they’ll do here in Las Vegas.
- Howard Stutz, Executive Editor, CDC Gaming Reports thinks that Eldorado Resorts may end up buying a property on the Las Vegas Strip. They will soon have properties in all other major Nevada casino markets.
Thursday, August 2, 2018.
"I was worried we would jeopardize those (gaming) licenses because they would see us as having taken a reputational or regulatory risk that we didn't need to take."
- Phil Satre Former Chairman of the Board Harrah’s Entertainment (Now Caesars Entertainment), discussing why Harrah’s did not jump into Macau, due to its unsavory past.
Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
"I think most of the people would say, I don't even know what I voted on.
- Phil Satre Co Chair No on 3 thinks that the risks of voting Yes on Question 3 outweigh any possible benefits despite the fact that 72% of the vote was in favor, in the last election.
Tuesday, July 31, 2018.