Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2418
"Just being the Mayor isn’t enough. You have to have other experiences."
- Mayor Daniel Corona, Mayor, West Wendover spoke about how he wouldn’t feel qualified to run for President after being Mayor of a small community. He pointed out that Mayor Pete Buttigieg also had military experience.Friday, January 17, 2020.
"I still think it’s good for any elected leader, particularly when you’re Governor to try to develop that relationship and be as upfront with those folks as you can. They’ve got a job to do."
- Michael Hillerby, Director of Legislative Affairs, Kaempher Crowell discussing the openness of Governor Kenny Guinn, with the media, versus Governor Brian Sandoval, who rarely granted in depth interviews. Thursday, January 16, 2020.
"We get along a lot better than people think we do, across the aisle."
- Republican State Senator, Ben Kieckhefer discussing his new Podcast, Across the Aisle, and why he has guests like Aaron Ford, the Democrat Attorney General of Nevada, on the program.Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
"As things change, we can always add that to our mix."
- Mark Foree, General Manager, Truckee Meadows Water Authority responding to a comment made by former SNWA Boss Patricia Mulroy, that without additional reservoir storage, the Reno Sparks area could be in a crisis situation, in an extended drought. Mr. Foree says that TMWA updates its drought plans every 5 years.Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
"It’s time for you to go. We don’t want to be your battlefield anymore (Iraq)."
- Eric Herzik, Professor of Political Science, UNR referring to the assassination of Soleimani and the Administrations apparent lack of communication with most of our middle eastern and world partners including Iraq, where all the damage was done.Friday, January 10, 2020.
"My brief opinion is good on you Trump."
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner says that Iranian General Qasem Soleimani deserved to die, for targeting Americans for many years. Thursday, January 9, 2020.
"I think we’re probably close to that."
- Mike Draper, Partner, Argentum Partners discussing the ever-increasing cost of spending time on the Las Vegas Strip and when is enough, enough. This includes resort fees, paid parking and the like.Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
"Look at the impact, on the community of having 7000 people that are all gainfully employed and a lot of them making great money."
- Aaron West, CEO, Nevada Builders Alliance says while state incentives deprive us of sales and property taxes, what’s driving a huge financial impact, is the vast amount of good jobs that are being created in the state and the resulting spending from that income.Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
"A multiyear severe drought on the Truckee (river)."
- Patricia Mulroy, Senior Fellow, Brookings Mountain West says without additional water storage, she sees a future crisis for northern Nevada and points out the potential cause, compounded by the current growth.Friday, January 3, 2020.
"It is one of our biggest expenses, right behind people."
- Mason Van Houweling, CEO, University Medical Center referring to the cost of prescription drugs and says that prices are rising at a double digit rate each year, for UMC.Thursday, January 2, 2020.
"We’re definitely on fire but we’re not crazy."
- Tick Segerblom, Clark County Commissioner, District E describing the current growth spurt in Las Vegas. Segerblom says it’s not like it was in 2007.Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
"The Chamber of Commerce believes that reasonable and responsible growth is the way to go."
- Paul Moradkhan, Senior VP, Government Relations, Las Vegas Metro Chamber, says that you have to have a balance between environmental concerns and development and economic development, to grow the economy.Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
"(sometimes)The room rates are lower than the resort fees."
- Howard Stutz, Executive Editor, CDC Gaming Reports
Describing room rates at Circus Circus, now owned by Phil Ruffin. The sale, by MGM, gives that company cash to pay down debt and over 100 acres of strip property to Mr. Ruffin on what is now getting to be the hot spot on Las Vegas Boulevard.
Friday, December 27, 2019.
"I’m very excited that the NCAA has changed its policies."
- State Senator, Yvanna Cancela, District 10 discussing her potential legislation with Speaker Frierson that would result in college athletes being paid a share in the profits they generate in Nevada. The NCAA has already moved in that direction.Thursday, December 26, 2019.
"It tries to shift from incarceration to treatment."
- Assemblyman Steve Yeager, Chair, Assembly Judiciary Committee describing a portion of the criminal justice reform bill that he shepherded through the 2019 Legislative session. He says it helps look at who really needs to be in prison. It was the first major criminal justice reform bill to pass, in Nevada, in decades.Wednesday, December 25, 2019.
"I think we would be better leaders by solving actual problems as opposed to dealing with somebody’s talking points for some future campaign."
- Jason Frierson, Speaker of the Nevada Assembly rebuking failed gubernatorial candidate Adam Laxalt’ s call for a special session to deal with the relationship between Nevada and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).Tuesday, December 24, 2019.