Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2155
"We have a new attitude toward working with businesses, so we have an open-door policy to work with these new companies and as a result we’re actually attracting a number of companies from the Bay Area and Chicago and elsewhere so we’re helping to stimulate the growth of this economy."
- Marc Johnson, President, UNR who says while a liberal arts education is still a big part of UNR’s mission, workforce development is now a major part of the curriculum too.
Thursday, February 15, 2018.
"That’s the challenge we’re still working through.
- Jeff Page, Lyon County Manager says the county is asking do they have sufficient water to satisfy the growth in the central corridor of the county which is where all the new housing is expected, as a result of the Tesla, Panasonic, Switch, Google and many more companies, locating next door in Storey County.Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
"I agree, the budget deal was very good.
- Marlene Lockard, Partner, The Lockard Group citing about the only thing she likes that President Trump and the Congress have done.
Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
"I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with acknowledging that the media has changed, and society has changed, and the reception of this information now is very different than it would have been then."
- Steve Friess, Freelance Journalist referring to a story about Steve Wynn’s proclivities, by reporter Carri Geer Thevenot, that was spiked 20 years ago by the Las Vegas Review Journal and finally published recently. The former publisher and former editor both claim not to remember the story.Monday, February 12, 2018.
"(For) anybody going into the rooms, we would like to have a safety button where they can protect themselves.
- Geoconda Argüello-Kline, Secretary-Treasurer for the Culinary Union says as the union works on a new contract with the casinos, safety for all workers that go into rooms, from the maids to the people that stock the mini bars, is at the top of the list of demands.Thursday, February 08, 2018.
"There are so many questions, and it opens the door down so many avenues.
- Marlene Lockard, Partner, The Lockard Group on Steve Wynn’s resignation regarding the alleged sexual assaults that many knew of but didn’t reveal and whether the properties will continue to thrive without the figurehead in place.Wednesday, February 07, 2018.
"It’s going to be a little more complex.
- Chris Wicker, Former State Democratic Party Vice Chair/DNC Member says the Democrats strategy in the next election cycle is not going to be simple one liners but more detailed positions.
Tuesday, February 06, 2018.
"How are we going to put a structure around it so that it is both safe and generally out of the hands of those that shouldn’t have it?
- Jesse Wadhams, Of Counsel, Fennemore Craig looking at the nascent legal marijuana industry in Nevada and figuring out how to protect it from any potential federal overreach.
Monday, February 05, 2018.
"Because the private citizens wanted beach access, I guess.
- Marsha Berkbigler, Chairwoman, Washoe County Commission says that a staff person with the Incline Village General Improvement District sold 3 valuable non-developable parcels of land to private citizens without the sign off of the IVGID Board. Such action would be illegal for the County so she asks why is it legal for a GID? Commissioner Berkbigler wants the Legislature to change the GID statutes so the public’s land can’t be undervalued and sold. The land gives valuable access to private beaches, golf courses and more.Thursday, February 01, 2018.
"Graveyards (are) full of irreplaceable people.
- State Senator Ben Kieckhefer, Washoe District 4 making the observation that if Steve Wynn were forced out of Wynn Resorts that the company would continue on and potentially thrive.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
"What the block chain, simply is, a new way to manage the trust between two parties who may want to interact or transact value.
- Allison Clift-Jennings, CEO, Filament says block chains allow machines and people to transact more efficiently.
Tuesday, January 30, 2018.
"The Wynn in Boston isn’t that much different than the Wynn in Macau or the Wynn in Las Vegas. They’re all the same template with a lot of the same stuff inside.
- Steve Friess, Freelance Journalist, Ann Arbor, Michigan says that despite the fact that Steve Wynn has been a visionary in the past, he’s now starting to repeat himself in his designs. Comparing Wynn and his resorts to the loss of Steve Jobs at Apple, the company can survive if it moves to quickly resolve this crisis.Monday, January 29, 2018.
"We have companies around the world watching Nevada right now.
- Ned Ross, Nevada Retail Energy Suppliers Association regarding the vote this November, by Nevadans, on the Energy Choice Initiative.
Thursday, January 25, 2018.
"The noted one would be Woodrow Wilson in 1914/1915 reducing the size of what’s now Olympia State Park, it was a national monument at that time, by more than two thirds.
- Stanley Paher, Author on whether Presidents can reduce the size of national monuments in addition to creating them.
Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
"We’re really looking at Northern Nevada as a total community we’re not focused on one (area) because we are now all joined together in this mega project.
- Lance Gilman, Partner-Broker, Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center says that he and his partner Roger Norman Sr are looking to develop in rural Nevada, in places like Fernley, Fallon, Yerington and the highway 50 corridor as the next growth areas in Northern Nevada.Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
"All with the Blockchain technology foundation.
- Lance Gilman, Partner-Broker, Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center describing what the new owner of half of the Tahoe Reno Industrial Centers, Blockchains LLC, will be utilizing as it develops residential, commercial and industrial projects at TRI.Monday, January 22, 2018.