Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2219
"That’s probably going to be the closest race.
- Sam Kumar, Past Chairman, Washoe County Republicans discussing the Danny Tarkanian/Susie Lee matchup in CD 3. It truly is a swing district.
Friday, June 15, 2018.
"I thought a couple of hundred votes either way.
- Jesse Wadhams, Partner, Fennemore Craig expressing surprise that the Democratic primary for Governor wasn’t more of a pitched battle.Thursday, June 14, 2018.
"A trial lawyer that’s self-funding. I don’t think it washes.
- Mary Lau, President and CEO, Retail Association of Nevada was prescient in pointing out that Craig Mueller was not going to beat Wes Duncan in the Republican primary for Attorney General.Wednesday, June 13, 2018.
"It’s ultimately a new version of a data base structure (for accounting).
- Tyson Falk, Policy Analyst, McDonald Carano simply describing blockchain technology. It can be either private or public in nature.Tuesday, June 12, 2018.
"I haven’t read anything that Wes Duncan has done that would qualify under the Nevada racketeering laws.
- Chris Wicker, Former State Democratic Party Vice Chair/Member DNC says that Craig Mueller’s law suit against Mr. Duncan is a political ploy not a legal one. They are both running, in the Republican primary, for Attorney General.Friday, June 8, 2018.
"Barack Obama is an upcoming Senator.
- Natha Anderson, President, Washoe Education Association says the some of the high school text books used in the state of Nevada are so out of date they have missed the past 12 years of current events, including who was the recent president for eight years.
Thursday, June 7, 2018.
"It’s like having the North Korean eavesdroppers in your home all the time.
- Ira Victor, Digital Forensic Analyst, DiscoveryTechnician.com points out the danger of having systems like Alexa in your home and what could be done with your data the device captures.Wednesday, June 6, 2018.
"I do commend Gov. Sandoval for the Commerce Tax and I do call on Adam Laxalt to overturn his willingness to get rid of that.
- Chris Giunchigliani, Clark County Commissioner and Democratic Candidate for Nevada Governor adds another voice against repealing the Commerce Tax. She is also not in favor of expanding the reach of the tax to capture other businesses.Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
"I think what we want to look at is the provider rate.
- Assemblywoman Teresa Benitez-Thompson, District 27 says Democrats in the Assembly are not looking to expand the Medicaid pool but increase the provider rate to get more doctors to take Medicaid patients.Friday, June 1, 2018.
"When you are talking about smaller businesses that have a dozen or 15 or fewer employees and are really trying to expand -- getting to that second location or that third location -- I would not want to burden them with an additional tax increase at this time."
- Steve Sisolak, Chair of Clark County Commission and Democratic Candidate for Nevada Governor says he would not lower the threshold for the Commerce Tax to capture more businesses.Thursday, May 31, 2018.
"I think it does equal parts of both.
- Howard Rosenberg, Entertainment Critic discussing the Academy Awards, and do they help or hurt the film industry. Professor Rosenberg says the number of award shows and the Red-Carpet shows are killing the Academy Awards and their movie recipients. There are just too many award shows.Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
"With that kind of individual, you would have a great ability from an operational standpoint, from a fundraising standpoint and with a lot of those other issues.
- Chancellor Thom Reilly, Nevada System of Higher Education who was asked if Governor Sandoval would be a good candidate for UNLV President once his gubernatorial term is over. Especially after the fundraising problems that occurred when Len Jessup stepped down as President.Tuesday, May 29, 2018.
"It could be billions.
- CJ Manthe, Director of the Department of Business and Industry explaining that Governor Sandoval has created multiple Opportunity Zones across the state that will encourage investors to put their money into redevelopment areas and then not have to pay capital gains taxes on any profits. Ms. Manthe says there are trillions of dollars sitting on the sideline in the US that could be invested nationwide and billions could potentially be invested in Nevada.Friday, May 25, 2018.
"I am going for leadership.
- State Senator James Settelmeyer, District 17 says he will seek the State Senate leadership role in the next legislative session. He feels Senator Ben Kieckhefer will go along with this.Thursday, May 24, 2018.
"He dominates the news cycle at four o'clock in the morning.
- Eric Herzik, Political Science Professor, UNR says that Donald Trump is the master of the media but not the master of the deal.Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
"When the behavior starts interfering with your life and the lives of others you have to be aware of that and work that out."
- Robin Reedy, Former Chief of Staff to Governor Gibbons with her elevator speech defining what is mental illness.Tuesday, May 22, 2018.