Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2539
"The problem with curbside and high-end retail is you don’t exactly go curbside to buy a $2000 handbag."
- Josh Gross, Publisher, Beverly Hills Weekly says that high end shoppers want the in-store shopping experience. Beverly Hills is having the same issues as Las Vegas with shopping, hotels tourism and the lack of foreign tourists. - Friday, August 28, 2020.
"Whatever you need, I’m on the team."
- State Senator, Yvanna Cancela, District 10 told VP Biden during the primary that she believes in two pillars of democracy, leadership and loyalty, and that’s why she’s supporting him over all the other initial candidates on the Democratic side. - Thursday, August 27, 2020.
"That’s not everybody that wants it to be a Jewish state."
- Jill Derby, Former Democratic State Party Chair says that Israel may eventually move into a single state solution for the Palestinians where they would eventually become the majority because of their birthrate. That would mean Israel would no longer be a majority Jewish state. This is Ms. Derby’s thinking, but it is not a majority opinion, at this time. - Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
"There really seems to be not a lot of rhyme or reason in how these lines and boundaries are cut and we’re seeing the economy suffer greatly."
- Mackenzie Warren, Attorney and Vice President, Govt Affairs, McDonald Carano discussing the moratorium being lifted on commercial property owners back in June but not on residential property owners. She’s asking what’s the logic? - Tuesday, August 25, 2020.
"I had business owners tell me "I got a visit and we were all good but they were probing for, 'Can you rat out your friends?'"
- Assemblywoman Jill Tolles (R), District 25 describing incidents reported to her by businesses who had been visited by state OSHA inspectors. - Friday, August 21, 2020.
"We should want prosecutors and defense attorneys to be serving in the Legislature."
- Steve Yeager, Chairman, Assembly Judiciary Committee is not concerned, in the cash bail hearings, about conflicts of interest with public employees serving in the Legislature. He says we need citizen legislators with real world experience. - Thursday, August 20, 2020.
"There’s got to be an investment and an investment quick(ly) to bring up another system."
- Former State Senator Patricia Farley who is angry that she received a false notice of unemployment for herself while others with legitimate claims for unemployment monies can’t get a callback. - Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
"The whole session was about delivering to the base of the far-left party."
- State Senator Scott Hammond (R) District 18 describing the recently concluded 2nd Special Session of the Legislature - Tuesday, August 18, 2020.
"Competition is the only thing that will keep our cost down."
- Jim Marchant - Republican Candidate for CD 4 is looking for a free market solution to Obamacare. - Friday, August 7, 2020.
"We own four radio stations and two TV stations in Southern California."
- Andrew Diss, Vice President Government Affairs, Meruelo Group explaining the media assets that Alex Muruelo and the Muruelo Group own in the major feeder market to Las Vegas for the Sahara and the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno. No other gaming company owns those kinds of valuable marketing tools. - Thursday, August 6, 2020.
"It’s about $90,000 per year. That’s the average wage."
- Paul Enos CEO Nevada Trucking Association discussing the Mining Industry’s contribution to not only the regular tax base but also how far the wages they pay, go in boosting the state’s economy. - Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
"The right answer to that question is I don’t know."
- Zach Conine, Nevada State Treasurer when asked if there was enough cut from the State budget to get through the next year or would more cuts be needed. The Treasurers response was based on so many unknowns. - Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
"No and I’ll tell you why."
- Brad Crowell, Director of the Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources says that the Southern Nevada Water Authority plan to build a pipeline from North to South is truly dead because they have withdrawn the applications for the bulk of the water they would ultimately need to make this pipeline project work, beyond the water they already own in Northeast Nevada. - Friday, July 31, 2020.
"There are some improprieties there and I think that candidates, they do have to have some consequences for those who do it. "
- State Senator Scott Hammond(R) District 18 referring to The Nevada Republican Party filing a complaint against a political action committee (PAC) run by State Senate Majority Leader Nicole Cannizzaro with the Nevada Secretary of State’s office demanding an investigation into a scheme to circumvent campaign finance laws. - Thursday, July 30, 2020.
"It’s placating to their very Progressive base and that’s what took so long."
- Mary Lau, President/CEO Retail Association of Nevada discussing the Democrats attempted increase in the mining tax during the 1st special session despite mining cooperating by agreeing to prepay their taxes to help the state through this economic downturn. - Wednesday, July 29, 2020.
"We try it once and it’s a great experience. We (are) see(ing) adoption rates go up significantly."
- Kamal Jemmoua, CEO, Prominence Health Plan describing how along with reimbursement rates for doctors being approved, the usage rate for telemedicine has been extraordinary during Covid 19. - Tuesday, July 28, 2020.