Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2029
"That’s kinda telling it like it is, isn’t it Sam?
- Congresswoman Dina Titus CD1 who ripped the Texas Attorney General over their lawsuit to move forward with Yucca Mountain. He is accused of securities fraud and the Congresswoman accused him of trying to screw the people of Nevada.Thursday, April 20, 2017.
"They want to come out and see the Gigafactory, believe it or not.
- Lieutenant Governor Mark Hutchison says that travelers he met in China all want to come and tour the Tesla factory in Storey County. Apparently, the Chinese love Tesla.
Wednesday, April 19, 2017.
"There wasn’t some moment that they are going to see for the next 18 months in TV Commercials.
- Victor Joecks, Columnist, Las Vegas Review-Journal who spoke to a member of Senator Dean Heller’s staff regarding the town hall meeting jointly held with Congressman Mark Amodei. They felt that Heller didn’t make any slip ups in his answers.Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
"Fix the economy. Not attack women’s health care, not attack rural health care.
- Elisa Cafferata, Lobbyist, Planned Parenthood says that the reason it’s easy to get folks out to Senator Dean Heller’s town hall is that he is not doing what the voters of Nevada elected him to do.
Monday, April 17, 2017.
"I’m a physician and I don’t believe in suicide and I don’t believe in helping other people commit suicide."
- Senator Joseph Hardy, District 12 believes in palliative care and hospice and is not in favor of a bill that is still waiting for a hearing on physician assisted suicide.
Thursday, April 13, 2017.
"Yes, and I believe fully that was the intent."
- State Senator Pete Goicoechea discussing the National Monuments in Nevada, that were approved by President Obama, that will prevent a rail line from Caliente to Yucca Mountain, from ever being built.Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
"Enough people bought tickets that it still turned into a shouting match."
- Seth Richardson, Political Reporter RGJ describing the scene at the private Carson City Chamber event where Senator Dean Heller spoke recently. A town hall is planned with Heller and Congressman Mark Amodei in Reno.Tuesday, April 11, 2017.
"Affordable housing is the key"
- Tom Ciesynski, Washoe County School District Chief Financial Officer who says that the District will be able to solve its financial problems via the coming growth in the region. He is concerned that newcomers will live elsewhere if the housing in Reno Sparks is too expensive. Monday, April 10, 2017.
"I think they’re trying to accommodate Republicans but I don’t think they are probably going as far as the Republican Party would like.
- Sean Whaley, Reporter, Las Vegas Review-Journal says the Democrats have a real level of intensity, this session, about getting things done.
Thursday, April 06, 2017.
"Why not let the small guys take the chance? Put out the capital risk and if they succeed, we’ll buy them out. And if they fail, they’ve taken the risk and failed.
- State Senator James Settelmeyer, District 17 pointing out one side of the argument he’s heard from a member of the Nevada Beer Wholesalers Association. Others in the association are adamantly opposed to increasing the competition from the craft brewing industry.Wednesday, April 05, 2017.
"I see that the Legislature, the Governor and the utilities and the businesses in Nevada, with the new high tech industries that Nevada has been able to attract, everything is moving in the right direction."
- Vice Admiral Lee Gunn, USN (Ret.) who says that the Legislature must take the current opportunity to remake the power grid to ensure electrical security moving forward. He is optimistic.Tuesday, April 04, 2017.
"If there’s an excess of the renewable energy why not shut down the dirty energy instead.
- Susan Fisher, Government Affairs Group VP, McDonald Carano Wilson upon hearing that California has such an excess of renewable energy that they want to sell it to other states.Monday, April 03, 2017.
"Once you give somebody something, it’s hard to take it away.
- Congresswoman Dina Titus, Congressional District 1 says that people may not remember the Democrats passed Obamacare but they will remember who takes it away.Thursday, March 30, 2017.
"I do believe that 80% of a good idea is better than 100% of nothing.
- Assemblyman Keith Pickard, District 22 who feels that a majority of legislators are working together to benefit the state.Wednesday, March 29, 2017.
"Napoleon McCallum, the longtime Raiders great came up with the idea of bringing the Raiders to Las Vegas and that’s why we’re all here."
- Chase Whittemore, Argentum Partners says that McCallum brought the idea to Las Vegas Sands boss Sheldon Adelson and then furthered the discussion with the Raiders management.Tuesday, March 28, 2017.
"I plan to run for re-election at this point.
- State Senator Patricia Farley, District 8 who changed her registration from Republican to non-partisan and caucuses with the Democrats says that non-partisan is how she feels she’s best serving her district.Monday, March 27, 2017.