Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2045
"Are we still talking about water?"
- Jesse Wadhams, Of Counsel, Fennemore Craig trying to avoid an ugly exchange between Ray Bacon and Marlene Lockard about whether water was the only serious policy question brought up at this Legislative session. Ms. Lockard dissented rather strongly.Thursday, May 18, 2017.
"It is a matter of huge concern when the head law-enforcement officer in the state goes hat-in-hand to the gaming board commissioner and asks him to interfere in a lawsuit.
- Dan Schwartz, Nevada State Treasurer feels that Adam Laxalt can be taken out in a Primary if he runs for Governor next year.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
"There was a tremendous amount of concern and rightfully so.
- Assemblywoman Jill Tolles regarding the Washoe County School District being 40 million dollars in the hole that they have now cut down to 10 million. They achieved this with budget cuts rather than asking for more money, for now.Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
"I’m hoping that we can allay some of the concerns he may have.
- State Senator David Parks, District 7 speaking about helping to educate Governor Sandoval on his “Death with Dignity” bill in hopes of getting the Governor to sign the bill if and when it gets to his desk.Monday, May 15, 2017.
"There’s a lot of fear and unrest in the community.
- State Senator Mo Denis speaking about the comments he hears from the immigrant community in Southern Nevada. Some concerns include a fear of taking your kids to school and ending up being deported because of it.
Thursday, May 11, 2017.
"The Senate Judiciary (committee) passed the bill out unanimously.
- Assemblyman Steve Yeager, Chairman of Assembly Judiciary, referring to his bill that would require blood tests not urine samples to prosecute marijuana dui laws.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
"We’re heading somewhere fast but I’m not sure where that is yet.
- Tray Abney, Director of Government Relations, The Chamber who says the biggest issue, right now, is the ESA’s and that the Governor has said, to paraphrase, either he gets the ESA’s or he will start vetoing the Democrat's bills.
Tuesday, May 09, 2017.
"You will be faced with the most painful loss you can imagine.
- Deborah Ziegler, Board of Directors, Death with Dignity whose 29-year-old daughter was able to pass because of Oregon’s Death with Dignity law. She suffered from a terminal brain tumor. It appears that if this law comes to the Governor’s desk in Nevada, he will veto it.Monday, May 08, 2017.
"I was extremely happy."
- Cheryl Blomstrom, Interim President, Nevada Taxpayer's Association, regarding the 44 million additional dollars of revenue the Legislature has to spend in this biennium. She says that this is absolute proof that it’s the case of real economic recovery in Nevada.
Thursday, May 04, 2017.
"I think it is time to have this discussion and it is going to be a poker chip at the end of the game.
- Susan Fisher, VP Government Affairs Group, McDonald Carano says that while she doesn’t agree with all aspects of the insulin legislation this is an issue of national importance.Wednesday, May 03, 2017.
"The Nevada delegation, except Mark Amodei, we all stand together.
- Congresswoman Jacky Rosen, District 3 continuing the drumbeat of opposition to Yucca Mountain.Tuesday, May 02, 2017.
"I was out there with the fire marshal. Two and half hours, walking all the time, we never got within a football field of either end of the building.
- Ray Bacon, Executive Director, Nevada Manufacturers Association describing just how big the interior of the Tesla/Panasonic plant in Storey County is.Monday, May 01, 2017.
"Folks are very scared. Uncertainty breeds fear.
- State Senator Yvanna D. Cancela, District 10 hearing from members of the immigrant community regarding the Trump administration’s positions on out of status immigrants.
Thursday, April 27, 2017.
"Fought for seven years over one acre of property, which is a long time.
- Michael Chapman, Fennemore Craig pointing out one of the eminent domain cases that occurred under the presidency of George W. Bush, who was trying to improve border security. He sees similar problems with 1300 border miles to cover. 20 attorneys have been requested just to deal with eminent domain issues along the border.Wednesday, April 26, 2017.
"Union Pacific is talking about the ability to ship, import and export cars out of our area.
- Lance Gilman, Partner-Broker, Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center who says UP has purchased 150 acres at TRI and that suggests that Tesla may be planning to manufacture cars in Nevada.Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
"Just because they promise you billions of dollars doesn’t actually mean you’ll get them.
- Congressman Ruben Kihuen, District 4 rebutting the argument that accepting nuclear waste at Yucca Mountain would mean billions of dollars for rural Nevada.Monday, April 24, 2017.