Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2073
"I’m not a total whore.
- State Senator Tick Segerblom District 3 who is running for the Clark County Commission seat being vacated by Chris Giunchigliani says he won’t accept money from Sheldon Adelson because his properties in Las Vegas are non-union.Thursday, July 13, 2017.
"She would crush Rosen.
- Mendy Elliott, Partner, Capitol Partners, LLC who as a Republican, agrees that Congresswoman Dina Titus would win the US Senate Democratic primary if she enters the race. Ms. Elliot would prefer Congresswoman Rosen to be the candidate in the general election against Senator Heller.Wednesday, July 12, 2017.
"He has stabbed Dina a number of time so I'm just not sure.
- Marlene Lockard, Partner, The Lockard Group on being asked if she thinks Harry Reid would support Dina Titus if she gets in the US Senate race and wins the primary.Tuesday, July 11, 2017.
"We’re expecting about 40,000 this year."
- Bobbi Thompson, Minden-Tahoe Airport Manager who has pulled off the feat of getting the USAF Thunderbirds demonstration team to come to her small airport two years in a row. Last year 30,000 people showed up to watch the air show.Monday, July 10, 2017.
"You have to sit back and say, how much of this is just an unbridled bureaucracy just looking to perpetuate itself and what portion of this is actually needed?
- Pat Mulroy, Senior Fellow at Brookings Mountain West who says while the Trump policy on climate change is schizophrenic the Obama policy on the environment swung too far to the left.Thursday, July 06, 2017.
"That was another one of Harry Reid's picks, don't forget.
- Congresswoman Dina Titus referring to former Henderson Mayor and now Clark County Commissioner Jim Gibson. She took him out in the primary for Governor by 20 points. The Congresswomen is deciding whether to enter the US Senate race. She gives no consideration to the fact that first term Congresswoman Jacky Rosen has already announced for the seat.Wednesday, July 05, 2017.
"That would be a more conservative take than I would have on him.
- Victor Joecks, Columnist, Las Vegas Review-Journal who being asked if he considers Governor Sandoval a moderate Republican said that the Governor has shown time and time again that he is a left of center guy. Joecks points to the Commerce Tax, money for groups that could include Planned Parenthood and one of the first Governors to expand Medicaid.Tuesday, July 04, 2017.
"It did surprise me, at the end of the day.
- Dr. Jeffrey Geihs, Turnaround Zone CCSD thought that there would be funding for ESA’s even though the major school districts in the state were against them.
Monday, July 03, 2017.
"News is not just to inform it’s to educate."
- Mark Peplowski, Professor Political Science, College of Southern Nevada decrying the lack of depth in our broadcast media news coverage. He says France, Germany and even some outlets in Russia provide better context.Thursday, June 29, 2017.
"The indication is that by fall we’re going to be seeing some of these cranes in the ground and I’m sure that that’s what’s going to happen.
- Rick Velotta, Reporter, Tourism and Transportation, LVRJ speaking of the real construction action beginning on Resorts World’s eventual 6583 room, 7.2-billion-dollar project on the Las Vegas strip.Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
"I have a tough time watching them on a regular basis."
- Amy Tarkanian, Former Nevada Republican State Chairwoman criticizing MSNBC. Ms. Tarkanian is a strong supporter of President Trump.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017.
"How can a woman, or a woman with children who had the courage to leave an abusive situation be expected not to bring their pet with them and have them by their side when they needed them the most?"
- Staci Alonso, Founder/President, Noah’s Animal House who has a groundbreaking for the Reno location on July 6.
Monday, June 26, 2017.
"Ira Hansen carrying the bill is not a popular person with Democrats."
- David Damore, Associate Professor of Political Science, UNLV on one of the reasons the state’s community colleges were not able to break away from NSHE. But Professor Damore thinks there is momentum towards that outcome.Thursday, June 22, 2017.
"I would say an additional $1 billion.
- Ruben Murillo, President, Nevada State Education Association says that amount is still needed to ensure that schools can be accountable and have the resources and programs plus the support staff that he feels are needed for student success.Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
"The primary customer to Macau is still lazar focused or hyper focused on gambling.
- Grant Govertsen, Managing Director at Union Gaming Securities Asia says nobody cares about night clubs in Macau despite the fact that in Las Vegas, for a lot of people, night clubs trump gaming.Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
"We are going to wish we had those 100,000-plus construction workers back.
- Bill Noonan, Senior Vice President of Industry & Governmental Affairs for Boyd Gaming, think there is going to be a real boon for all kinds of construction trades to get the 15 billion dollars’ worth of actually funded projects off the ground. These projects include the Raider’s stadium, Resorts World Hotel Casino and the expansion of the LVCVA convention center.Monday, June 19, 2017.