Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2119
"Investors want to be in Reno."
- Par Tolles, President, Tolles Development Company says his company has purchased 50 million dollars worth of property in Downtown and Midtown Reno recently, on behalf of investors.Thursday, November 02, 2017.
"It didn’t seem like it would be a case of if but it was more so of when."
- Amy Tarkanian, Former Nevada Republican State Chairwoman whose mother in law Lois sits on the Las Vegas City Council and had briefings on a regular basis from Homeland Security so therefore the idea of an incident like the Las Vegas shootings was a real possibility to the Tarkanians.Wednesday, November 01, 2017.
"North Las Vegas is where the treasure will be in the future."
- North Las Vegas Mayor, John Lee says the Apex Business Park will allow NLV to diversify and be a major financial generator in the future. More money will be made there than anywhere else in Southern Nevada according to the Mayor.Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
"I think 10 to 20 years is something that could be feasible."
- John Decree, Gaming Analyst, Union Gaming says let's hope the global and US economy kind of steer the course and Reno will keep leading the way. Decree is looking at solid long-term growth for Northern Nevada.Monday, October 30, 2017.
"Knock it off. Just knock it off."
- Las Vegas City Councilwoman Michele Fiore’s response to the conspiracy theories surrounding the mass shootings. She says there are over 200 FBI agents assisting Las Vegas Metro and this investigation is going to go on for a long time.Thursday, October 26, 2017.
"I hated fundraising. I was lousy at it.
- Richard Bryan, Former Nevada US Senator who was one of three Nevada US Senators, along with Alan Bible and Paul Laxalt, who chose to retire from the US Senate undefeated and not in a pine box. The Democratic Senatorial Committee still wanted him to fundraise even after he announced he was not running for re-election.Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
"We really see an exciting time in our industry."
- Thomas H. Husted, Chief Executive Officer Valley Electric Association, Inc. says that solar energy and battery storage are the keys to Nevada’s energy future. He’s excited that Tesla/ Panasonic have their Gigafactory here in Nevada.Tuesday, October 24, 2017.
"I think it is probably five to eight years from now."
- Sig Rogich, President, Rogich Communications believes that high speed rail from Las Vegas to California is a lot closer than most people think. Either China or Japan could joint venture with a US company. If that were the case, the rolling stock could be manufactured elsewhere as long as no US government funding was required.Monday, October 23, 2017.
"There is broad-based support in the American public for many different kinds of common-sense gun legislation, so I am absolutely certain that there will be a broader conversation than just bump stocks."
- State Senator Julia Ratti, District 13 speaking after the Route 91 Las Vegas shooting.Friday, October 13, 2017.
"It’s going to take some time for the courts to decide whether to enjoin that or not."
- Elisa Cafferata, Lobbyist, Planned Parenthood on the rule change that the administration pushed through on an emergency basis, regarding women’s birth control. Three states have already sued.Thursday, October 12, 2017.
"There was great potential for the event that did happen, to happen.
- Vice Admiral Lee Gunn, USN (Ret.) referring to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. The Admiral says the siting was bad due to the geological history. He says the nuclear industry has a far better safety record than the fossil fuel industry regarding transportation and emissions. He also states that the US should have an all-in philosophy regarding future fuels.Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
"What resources do you need from the state?"
- Caleb Cage, Chief of the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security Advisor says this is the first question he asks the counties in an event like the mass shooting in Las Vegas.Monday, October 09, 2017.
"His legacy will live on. The man was brilliant.
- Mendy Elliott, Partner, Capitol Partners, LLC says with Don Carano’s passing we have lost a true giant of the gaming industry. She said he is unsung for the things that he did quietly that folks don’t know (about).Thursday, October 05, 2017.
"Frankly, it sucks that this had to happen for that to come out"
- Seth Richardson, Political Reporter Cleveland Plain Dealer referring to how Nevadans across the state came together to help the victims of the mass shootings in Las Vegas. It was a lot different image than the normal Sin City image of Las Vegas.
Wednesday, October 04, 2017.
"Until we can get a cure for the hearts of man and until we stop dealing with things in anger and stop dealing with things in violence this is just going to continue in our country."
- Mary Lau, President and CEO, Retail Association of Nevada speaking hours after the mass shootings in Las Vegas.
Tuesday, October 03, 2017.
"I’m just in complete shock that someone could injure and kill so many people in such a brief amount of time"
- Sean Whaley, Reporter, Las Vegas Review-Journal says it’s just mind boggling of how many people have been harmed, injured and killed in the mass shooting in Las Vegas.Monday, October 02, 2017.