Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2191
"Most economists say that it’s a big financial plus for this country.
- Chris Wicker, Former State Democratic Party Vice Chair/Member DNC regarding the need for skilled and unskilled workers to be able to come to the USA rather than dealing with the emotion and misinformation that surrounds immigration. Republican Randi Thompson agreed with Mr. Wicker.Thursday, April 26, 2018.
"Urban Nevada doesn’t have to further subsidize anything.
- Jesse Wadhams, Partner, Fennemore Craig discussing Mining’s positive financial impact on rural and urban Nevada.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
"Those issues, in our state, at least, have been resolved by the voters.
- Justice James Hardesty, Nevada Supreme Court says regarding marijuana that we are operating under a Federal cloud.
Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
"In simple form, $1 billion invested this year in an O zone, if it is allowed to incubate for seven years, all the profits can come out tax free.
- Lance Gilman, Partner-Broker, Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center & Government Affairs Blockchains LLC talking about Opportunity Zones that could bring billions of dollars into Nevada to fund redevelopment zones.Monday, April 23, 2018.
"We are proposing expanding the (Reno) Convention Center by 300,000 square feet.
- Phil DeLone, President and CEO, RSCVA says Reno has a sufficient number of 1st class hotel rooms (15,500 rooms) but needs more convention space for groups like Safari Club and Interbike.
Thursday, April 19, 2018.
"There is a Quid Pro Quo for this.
- Mylan Hawkins, Vice Pres. Interface Computer Associates referring to Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado holding up the President’s appointments until the President relented on prosecuting legal and medical marijuana.Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
"I think Elaine Wynn is probably rejoicing on some level. There was a reckoning (and) she seems to have gotten her due.
- Pat Hickey, Executive Director, Charter School Association of Nevada discussing the potential sale of Wynn Boston to MGM Resorts.
Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
"It’s the holy grail of an investigative reporter to find the voice of the person you are trying to write about.
- William C. Rempel, Author of The Gambler who found the oral history of Kirk Kerkorian at UNLV after being told by Kerkorian’s attorney that his wish for privacy in life would continue after his death.Monday, April 16, 2018.
"I think it eventually will.
- Bob Beers, Candidate for Nevada Treasurer saying the Commerce Tax will be repealed. He says that the other states that have enacted one repealed it.
Thursday, April 12, 2018.
"You want to go to the Raiders stadium? Well, you can get there on roller skates because I ain't building any roads.
- Dan Schwartz, running for Governor, is against the $750 million dollar use of room tax money to fund the stadium. He is suggesting not funding the roads would force the Raiders and NFL to raise the additional money themselves.
Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
"Not in so many words.
- Thomas Schwenk, Dean of the University of Nevada School of Medicine, UNR says regarding the UNLV revelations that donors put in contract that President Jessup and the Dean of the UNLV Medical School had to remain in place that he’s never been asked to build anything like that into a donor agreement. At the same time, he said donors hope that management and direction continue down the same path.Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
"No wonder people hate this process
- Congressman Mark Amodei, CD decrying the fact that the U.S. House approved sexual harassment legislation months ago and sent it to the Senate. Despite being praised for its transparency and accountability, the legislation was cut from the final Omnibus bill in the Senate.Monday, April 09, 2018.
"He took away the whole reason for me being in the race.
- Danny Tarkanian, Candidate for Congressional District 3 in discussing his withdrawal from the US Senate race against Dean Heller. Tarkanian says the reason he ran in the first place was his supporters wanted someone who supported President Trump all the way. And then the President called, and the rest is history.Thursday, April 05, 2018.
"I think ultimately, it’s going to be a company that perhaps one of the major auto manufacturers will just acquire.
- Andrew MacKay, Exec. Dir., Nevada Franchised Auto Dealers Association talking about the troubles Tesla is having in both burning through cash and not getting close to the production levels they need to be at for their automobiles.Wednesday, April 04, 2018.
"At this point in time I don’t think there’s any further discussion about breaking up the company in any particular way.
- Rick Velotta, Reporter, Tourism and Transportation, LVRJ says that Wynn Resorts is moving ahead full steam on several developments and the company appears to be past talk of any selling of assets.Tuesday, April 03, 2018.
"My house lost 60% of its value.
- Eric Herzik, Political Science Professor, UNR saying that even though housing values are climbing rapidly across Nevada it’s a much better scenario than 2010/2011 when housing values plummeted.Monday, April 02, 2018.