Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2691
"We were out there kinda giving each other a hug out there and saying my god how ya been."
- Don Ahern, President and CEO, Ahern Equipment Rentals showing at “World of Concrete” the first big convention at the brand-new expansion of the Las Vegas Convention Center. It’s the first event he’s attended in 15 months. - Friday, June 18, 2021.
"Who is better qualified than a sheriff to be Governor, in today’s world."
- Sig Rogich, President, Rogich Communications says that a sheriff runs their own little government plus they’ve got to be psychologists. They’ve got be familiar with the nuances of dealing with minorities. They deal with labor unions all the time. They deal with keeping people safe. They deal with crisis. And they deal with the media. - Thursday, June 17, 2021.
"I didn’t see his face, I didn’t see his props, I didn’t see his gesticulations and so I was a sitting duck. And I spoke the truth. I believe in what I said. I believed in it then. I believe in it now. And sadly we are where we are. I think he owes me an apology and I’d love to have it from him."
- Carolyn Goodman, Mayor, Las Vegas NV on her dust up with CNN’s Anderson Cooper that went viral. The Mayor was not able to see Mr. Cooper at the time of the interview and when she did see it later she thought he was rude. She further said that he was so lucky she hadn’t seen any of it until then. - Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
"There won't be a race between the two of them for sure."
- Former US Senator Harry Reid declares that the Chair of the Clark County Commission, Marilyn Kirkpatrick won’t be entering the Democratic primary for Governor. She would not give a definite no during a recent Nevada Newsmakers interview to be aired next week. - Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
"It’s a little slice of Americana 50 miles east of Reno/Sparks"
- Bruce Breslow, Founder, CEO, Nevada Strategies describes the Fallon, Churchill County area as 1500 homes upside down due in part to 1300 new jobs at NAS Fallon to support the F35 fighter jet. The homes are priced two hundred thousand dollars less than the Reno/Sparks area. - Friday, June 11, 2021.
"It was costing us, over the last couple of years, $15,000 dollars a year in excess taxes."
- Joe Dutra President and CEO, Kimmie Candy says some people have to stand up once in a while and say this is not fair, in regard to the lack of a 2/3rds decision at the Legislature that allowed taxes to be raised unconstitutionally. The case was won at the District Court level and allowed to stand by the Nevada Supreme Court. - Thursday, June 10, 2021.
"People now realize that cybercrime/issues about information security affects everyone."
- Ira Victor, Chief Forensic Analyst, DiscoveryTechnician.com says that the Colonial Pipeline cyber-attack was a watershed moment because it affected real people in a meaningful way. - Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
"We insist on peace and stability in the Taiwan Straits."
- Scott Lai, Director General, Taipei, Taiwan Economic and Cultural Office, SF speaking on behalf of his government in regard to the ongoing aggressive actions by the People’s Republic of China against Taiwan. The US almost got into a nuclear war with China over Taiwan in 1958 but that was stopped by President Eisenhower according to recently released documents, by Daniel Ellsberg. - Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
"Covid really magnified that, where we saw our homeless numbers double."
- Neoma Jardon, Reno City Councilwoman discussing how the “Nevada Cares Campus” a 45,000 sq ft new homeless shelter is really helping both the homeless community and the population at large, in Reno, Sparks and Washoe County. - Friday, June 4, 2021.
"It ended up not being as bad as we thought."
- Bob Lucey, Chair, Washoe County Commission says the County went into the Legislative session playing defense. - Thursday, June 3, 2021.
"The games are very much in play. Holding bills hostage…"
- Mackenzie Warren, Attorney and Vice President, Government Affairs, McDonald Carano describing the behind the scenes bargaining over the mining tax increases that were passed before the end of the 2021 Legislative session. - Wednesday, June 2, 2021.
"The numbers that we are getting from this legislative session are not getting us where we need to be."
- Alexander Marks, NSEA Political Coordinator says that there’s technically no mining money yet as it will sit in another account for two years before being transferred to the education account and even then the money is far short of what the NSEA would like to see going to education. - Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
"600 million viewers projected 5 years from now."
- State Senator Ben Kieckhefer, (R) District #16 continuing to promote Esports in Nevada and moving oversight to the Gaming Control Board rather than setting up a body similar to the Nevada Athletic Commission. - Friday, May 28, 2021.
"I think we are going to see a lot of people who shouldn’t be in jail not going to jail anymore."
- State Senator Dallas Harris (D) District 11 describes the criminal justice reforms enacted in this session of the Legislature as both a social policy win and a fiscal policy win. - Thursday, May 27, 2021.
"I’ve not really thought about it, a lot… but of course it would be a great honor and I think that anyone that would have opportunity to do that would think it was really great."
- Roberta Lange, (D) State Senator District #7 upon being asked if the Majority Leader position opened up would she be interested in taking it. - Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
"So, you may ask, when you talk about consultants, so who are the Republicans going to use? It's like, well, I just hope that either someone has an epiphany about the need to change or you bring somebody else in."
- Congressman Mark Amodei CD 2 looking at the potential Republican opposition in the Governor’s race, if he chooses to jump in. - Tuesday, May 25, 2021.